Having a broken phone screen can be ignored for a while but if it turns out to be unresponsive at the same time, it becomes unbearable. Speaking of which, the reason why a screen turns out to be unresponsive is the digitizer as that is responsible for the screen touches.
Therefore, these reasons for either a digitizer repair or replacement. So, looking at it there is a requirement of an iPhone screen replacement kit if you want to do it at home.
Here are some simple steps that you are supposed to follow in order to fix your broken and non-functional iPhone screen, take a look:
Remove the Pentalobe Screws & Tape the Glass:
- Turn off your iPhone before beginning disassembly.
- Remove the two Pentalobe screws from either side of the Lightning connector.
- Next, you tape the glass of the screen If it is cracked. (This helps in keeping the phone screen away from any further breakage, iPhone x OLED screen replacement and also prevents bodily harm during your repair by taping the glass).
- Keep overlapping the strips of clear packing tape over the iPhone’s display until the whole screen is covered
Pull up the Display:
- You can use an iSclack to pull the screen but in case you don’t have one, you can also use a single suction cup to lift the front panel.
- Press the suction cup onto the screen, right above the home button.
- Make sure the cup is completely on the screen to get a tight seal.
- While holding the iPhone down with one hand, pull up on the suction cup to slightly separate the home button end of the front panel from the rear case.
- While you pull up the rear case down with the suction cup gently pry the edges of the rear case a little away from the front panel assembly.
- Then gently pull the plastic num so that it could release the vacuum seal on the suction cup.
- Now, remove the suction cup from the screen.
Disconnect Front Panel Assembly Cables
- First of all, disconnect the front-facing camera and sensor cable connector.
- Now simply remove the front panel assembly and the screws securing the home button bracket.
- Now remove the home button ribbon cable from the display assembly.
Remove Home Button, Earpiece Speaker, Front-Facing Camera One by One
- You are supposed to slightly push the right corner of the home button up and away from the front panel. And then remove the home button assembly from the front panel.
- Gently remove the two Phillips screws securing the upper component bracket to the display assembly.
Remove the LCD and Digitizer
- Remove two screws from each side of the LCD frame, including those Phillips screws from the LCD shield plate.
- Remove the LCD shield plate.
Now that you have successfully disassembled the parts of your iPhone, likewise you can assemble the new parts and restart your phone. If you are wondering where to buy those iPhone 6 screen replacement kit UK, then you can always opt for online stores that not only repair or replace your phones but also sell those kits.