Google Analytics has been an important tool and is known for getting data collection and analyzing web traffic. They recently made an announcement where they announced a new version of it, Google Analytics 4.
This new version is different from the previous ones, which means that the scope is entirely changed for marketers. Millions of businesses across the world use the Google Analytics tool to track user interaction across various platforms. This is important because it helps them track the web traffic and get insight into the marketing channels. But with the newest version, things might change because it offers things that are different from the traditional ones. This new type includes different properties and has AI-powered insights. With this new integration, you can get more granular data and dig deeper.
The user interface for the new version is comparatively different from the previous ones.
What is Google Analytics 4?
Google has already described this new version as the next generation to help its users by going for privacy forced tracking, predictive data powered by AI, channel measurements, and much more. This advanced tool will reach out for every data what the website traffic and the user behavior without being dependent on each page.
According to Brainvire, the new AI-powered system will give you all insights and predictions to help marketers understand the data trends without putting in much effort. It can also be used to predict outcomes for all businesses. This can help the marketers to take the right actions for the future and focus on the target audience.
The new analytics machine learning capability will help businesses where they can’t understand or predict their customer’s behavior. Many search engines have become extremely strict about Google Analytics and have blocked them. With this new update, this problem can be solved. The previous version of Google Analytics was somehow flawed because it’s sometimes provided missing or inaccurate data because of the cookie consent options. But Google Analytics comes with different privacy protection laws that are much better than traditional analytics, giving better results.
• The new analytics will be beneficial for the marketers to understand the customer behavior and journey better. It is also somewhat focused on the end to end customer journey rather than focusing on individual metrics
• The machine learning feature is the main form of data measurement that will make assumptions about a certain site from the user behavior and the existing data. This AI-powered feature provides insights that will be extremely helpful for the marketers
• The design is supposedly ‘future proof,’ which means that it can operate in a world without identifying data or without cookies
• The Google Analytics 4 features data streams that were not present in the older versions
• It also has the power to enable editing, fine-tuning, and tracking every event within the UI. This means that interaction such as page scroll and more
• Google Analytics does not have the view level section, unlike its older version. it only has property levels and account
Here are some of the things to expect from Google Analytics 4 –
1. It will be of immense help for the marketers to build audiences from the visitors who visit the sites and the app. A certain user becomes qualified to get inside the audience list because of a certain action taken on the web and taken off because they completed the purchase. In such a case, the list is automatically updated so that those users I’m not retargeted with ads. Google Analytics 4 will also provide data and report on actions from views that come from YouTube through the in-app and web.
2. The event tracking feature is extremely seamless and a great way for marketers to track any action that happens, like a video play or page scrolls. All of this can be done without adding any code or setting up an event tracking in the Google tag manager.
3. The third-party cookies are slowly phasing out, which means that we will have to rely on machine learning to fill in the gaps. This is the new norm, as Google anticipates, and hence there will be gaps in the acquired data, but with the new Google Analytics for this can be solved. This is quite a new feature because the future seems to be cookie-less.
Finally, we must take advantage of the new Google Analytics for and for that, you must have a great understanding of the universal Google Analytics. It provides a more complete and more put-together system of getting information, predicting the marketing future, and acting accordingly. The previous version will be available, but Google recommends using the new one and running them parallelly to see which one works better.