Whether it’s a product, process or asset ; digital transformation has become essential to any facet of any business. Especially in this modern age where everything is achieved on pcs, for it to be usable, you need to have every document available in digital form. Considering the fact that conversion of hard copies into computer supported formats is a difficult task, it is best to use data digitization services for accomplishing it.
The Nitty-Gritty of Data Digitization
Whether it’s normal print materials or paper documents that contain vital records, you can use it for business gains only if you have the capacity to digitize it. There are basically two common methods for making this conversion:
- Keyboarding: It is similar to data entry ; however, in keyboarding, the text written on the paper document in a word processor must be entered manually.
- OCR: Recognition of optical character is much faster than keyboarding, but it includes using sophisticated software techniques to do the job. You run the risk of inaccurate entries that could jeopardize the best laid plans to use the digitized information in the shortage of a quality software solution.
While keyboarding is definitely useful, it is not a practical way to convert huge amount of data. Therefore, you should look for a data digitization services provider that has access to the latest software solutions like FineReader, Tesseract etc.
Advantages of Data Digitization
There are many advantages of data digitization as mentioned below:
- Helps you reduce the storage space: When you have information in digital format, you don’t need a lot of storage space. A DVD or USB flash drive is big enough to store data that can fill a room (when stored as hard copies).
- Quick analysis of data: While you need to speed up a lot of time in finding the necessary information in a concrete file, the time is considerably reduced when you have the data stored in the digital format. You just need to enter the application’s keywords and click’ Enter’ on the keyboard, and there will be information before you.
- Multiple accesses: However, if the same book is stored as an eBook and shared over a network, multiple users can read it at the same time. Data digitization services provides the same resource with different accesses, making it essential for businesses.
Data related tasks are not very difficult; however, they can be a major burden on your workforce. The repetitive nature of these tasks can lead to complacency, which may result in errors in the work. Hence, it is best to outsource your work to data digitization or data entry service providers for getting it done quickly and accurately.